Thursday, June 11, 2009

Get up and get movin'

It is almost 8 am on day three of my journey. So far I have made lunch for Jeremy, put Colby back to sleep, eaten a handful of snow peas, had my Cambridge, have drank several glasses of water and did a 10 min dance video and a 20min palates video. I feel great! It was fairly easy to get up again this morning and food has not been a temptation thus far. Interesting side note, when I eat baby carrots it is easy to stop at just one or two but whenever I eat peas, I find it is much harder to stop. I'm not really worried about overeating on the peas or anything because one bag has 2 servings and totals 70 calories, so its no big deal if I eat the whole bag. I just thought it was interesting.

I am happy to report that last night I finally did make it to the grocery store. With the exception of adding in a few somewhat unplanned/ somewhat pre contemplated (does that make sense?) fruits and veggies, I stuck to my initial list of things to get. Not one treat in my basket, not even for the house! We have been getting WAY too many treats, and I am fully aware of this. Its just that until now it has been hard not to cave in.

While I am talking about food and dieting, I wanted to give a big hug and round of applause to everyone that diets and tries to lose weight while still being around food ALL day! Whether it be making breakfast, lunch and dinner for your kids, doing the grocery shopping or having lunch meetings. It really does take a lot of discipline to eat only what your body needs and can digest at once.

This morning I leave you with a thought that I saw on the Nutri-grain bar box, "One good decision can lead to another"

2 comments:

  1. I think this is a really good idea. Have you noticed any weight loss yet? You are sure doing an awsome job. Did you send this out to friends? I'll bet g-ma wagner would love to visit your blog. It would be fun if some friends would join in on the exercise. Keep up the good work. You are really doing a great job. Love Ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I only sent it to a couple people at first but now I am spreading the word more. I think I might have lost up to three pounds! I checked this morning, but it is kind of hard to tell with the scale markings. Maybe I should get a digital one!

    ReplyDelete