Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Welcome to my blog: Lets get down and dirty


Welcome!

I realize that this is NOT a flattering picture of myself. This is exactly why I need to lose weight! I am a young Mama and want to be hip and hot, not fat and flabby.

I decided that if I am going to write a weight loss blog, then I have got to be brutally honest with myself. This picture is at least a little bit recent and I don't think I have ballooned up anymore since it was taken. So here you go world!

Currently I weigh 188 lbs! The very thought makes me want to cringe. What happened? I was so active in high school and I even ran cross country. The only time I do any running now is when my 2 year old escapes and I have to run after him, which strangely makes me want to run again.

It's not as if I sit on the couch all day. In fact I would attribute my weight gain to eating poorly, meaning lots of treats and junk food, stress and plain lack of motivation or rather lack of support that leads to lack of motivation.

But this week I said "enough is enough!" The only person who can choose to lose the weight and really do something about it is ME! I don't like feeling this way. I want to get pregnant and have another baby, but I don't want to be this heavy when I get pregnant. Although it is tempting because my last two pregnancies left me so sick that I lost 15 to 20 lbs before gaining any weight, and then weighed less after I had the baby than I did before I got pregnant. Then I realized that this will probably be the pregnancy that I feel great and don't lose any weight and will hate myself for getting pregnant. So I guess I have to lose the weight first. Wait, have to or have the chance to??? Being positive really goes a long way in success of weight loss. Plus who wants to be around a downer all the time?

Monday morning I decided that I was going to do the Cambridge Diet. My parents have done it and have had a lot of success with it. Plus, I like the fact that I know that I am getting 100% of the RDA of vitamins and minerals. I called my Mom and she had some cans in stock that I could buy from her and I was so jazzed that I loaded three kids in the car and drove the hour and ten minutes to her house to pick up the goods! Crazy I know, but I just decided that if I didn't get started when I was excited about it that it would inhibit my success. Plus I hadn't eaten a lot that day anyway and thought it would be a good start to Sole Sourcing.

I bought two cans of Dutch Chocolate and one can of Potato Soup. Each serving of the Dutch Chocolate is 110 Cal and one serving of Potato Soup is 140 Cal. The fastest way to lose weight on the program is to sole source and add in no additional food. Although you can add in up to 800 Cal of additional healthy food if you choose or you can use it as a weight management tool and just replace a meal with it. My goal is to sole source. Read my next posting for day 1 of the Cambridge Diet.

5 comments:

  1. Yeah!! for you. I am impressed. This is a very good start and I really like your idea of the blog. Keep up the great work. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're a terrific writer! We had already talked about this and I was still interested!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes and kind words. I am really jazzed about losing this weight! I'm going to try really hard to keep blogging about my success and failure if there are some. Maybe I can inspire someone else to try Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go KYLA,
    I was both pleased and surprised when mother told me you were on a mission to lose weight! I am sure everyone knows there are a buzzillion diets out there but we have used Cambridge Diet for the past 27 years. That's right, before you were born. It is safe and we have 100% confidence in it because it not only has all the vitamins and minerals you need but also all the electrolite the body needs to stay healthy. The nice thing is you lose FAT and not Muscle mass and your skin tightens as you lose and doesn't get flabby and hang off you like other programs.

    The most important thing you can do is take 3 meals of Cambridge each day, even if you supplement. That way you get the nutrition you need and the body sheds the fat rather than try to store it because it thinks you are starving. The next most important thing is to drink lots of water. Water will also eliminate the headaches so if you have one coming on, drink a glass of water. When we get fat, we also get dehyderated and we need the water to flush off the waste as we loose it.

    I recently went back on soul source because my weight was getting the best of me. Seems like in my old age every cal. turns to FAT and I don't get the exercise that I use to. Well, I started sometime about mid May, I believe and have lost over 18 pounds to date. I will soon be down to your weight so you had better hurry if you don't want me to pass you up. Actually, I plan on stopping about 185 lbs. Don't want to look to skinny!

    Did I tell you that I met another Kyla the other day. She came by my shop to sell me some advertisements. She is really a cute girl and I told her she would fit perfectly into our family photo album. I don't know if that was a compliment to her or not but she did end up selling me an ad and we, Kevin and I had our picture taken in front of our van. Actually it was in front of the side of our van where you can see our wrap and our advertisement on the van. We are being featured in their paper and will be in the Who's Who in the South Sound annual edition. We will also be featured on a banner ad on their website. Well, Kyla may not have gotten into our family but she did get into my wallet. Got to watch out for those Kyla's.

    Congratulation and best wishes on your weight loss program and I think the blog is a great idea! If you can't see your target, how can you hit it? The blog helps you focus and keep your promises to yourself. It holds you accountable and that's more that I have been able to do on some occassions!

    Love ya,
    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dad,
    Thanks for your words of encouragement and advice. It really does make sense to drink the 3 full servings of cambridge even if you supplement. I had heard that you should slow down your caloric intake by about 100 calories a day so that your body doesn't think that it is starving and hold the fat, but it makes sense that if you are getting ALL the nutrition you need that your body wouldn't feel like it was going into starvation mode.

    I am proud of you for losing 20 lbs! (you updated me today) I have like 40 lbs to go. I struggle with waiting until all the weight is off to have a baby or to lose some of it and go ahead and get pregnant. I've felt strong about another baby for quite some time. Right now I plan on taking another month and 3 weeks of my birth control(which is when I run out of refills) and then seeing how much I lost and praying about it too.

    You and Mom should start a blog. It is actually kind of fun and I love to read other peoples stories.

    Love,
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete